Biodiversity Offsets Scheme Accredited Assessor - Part 1 - eLearning
This eLearning course is part 1 of 2 of the Biodiversity Assessment Method Assessor Training, for accreditation under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
In this eLearning course, you will develop a baseline knowledge of key components of the NSW Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (BOS) to support more detailed knowledge to be gained in face-to-face modules, including:
- Key definitions and terms
- Avoid, minimise and offset hierarchy
- When the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme applies to a proposal
- Exemptions and other considerations when determining how the BOS applies to a proposal
- The Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM)
- Biodiversity Assessment Reports
- Biodiversity offsets
- Understanding the requirements of the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (BC Act) for biodiversity assessment and approvals under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of an accredited person under s6.10 BC Act.
Overview of Course Modules:
|-||Course overview, limitations etc.|
|1||Overview of the NSW Biodiversity Offsets Scheme|
|2||Introduction to the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and legislative framework|
|3||Determining whether the BOS applies|
|4||Exemptions and other considerations|
|5||Biodiversity Assessment Reports|
|8||Biodiversity Certification Framework|
|9||Introduction to private land conservation|
|10||Biodiversity credits and meeting a credit obligation|
|11||Systems and tools supporting the BOS|
|12||Closing module and next steps|
Once completed you will have access to book the face-to-face part of the training program.
The face to face component is managed by the Department of Planning and Environment. For further information, please contact [email protected]
For technical issues, please contact [email protected]
Please select your course date.
|Start Now||Electronic based||Price $550.00||Enrol|