Biodiversity Offsets Scheme eLearning
This eLearning course is part 1 of 2 of the Biodiversity Assessment Method Assessor Training, for accreditation under the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016.
In this eLearning course, you will develop a baseline knowledge of key components of the NSW Biodiversity Offsets Scheme (BOS) to support more detailed knowledge to be gained in face-to-face modules, including:
- Key definitions and terms
- Avoid, minimise and offset hierarchy
- When the Biodiversity Offsets Scheme applies to a proposal
- Exemptions and other considerations when determining how the BOS applies to a proposal
- The Biodiversity Assessment Method (BAM)
- Biodiversity Assessment Reports
- Biodiversity offsets
- Understanding the requirements of the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 (BC Act) for biodiversity assessment and approvals under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act 1979.
- Understanding the roles and responsibilities of an accredited person under s6.10 BC Act.
Overview of Course Modules:
|-||Course overview, limitations etc.|
|1||Overview of the NSW Biodiversity Offsets Scheme|
|2||Introduction to the Biodiversity Conservation Act 2016 and legislative framework|
|3||Determining whether the BOS applies|
|4||Exemptions and other considerations|
|5||Biodiversity Assessment Reports|
|8||Biodiversity Certification Framework|
|9||Introduction to private land conservation|
|10||Biodiversity credits and meeting a credit obligation|
|11||Systems and tools supporting the BOS|
|12||Closing module and next steps|
Once completed you will have access to book the face-to-face part of the training program. The face-to-face format and locations will be provided early in the next year with this part expected to commence in February/March 2021. The course fee below includes this component of the training. This will be subject to update in the new year once this part in finalised.
Support and Help
For technical issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select your course date.
|Start Now||Online Learning||Price $2,200.00||Enrol|